About Us

The Ocean Blue Vault is a local artist collective in Half Moon Bay, California. Our Main Street collective showcases the work of artists from Northern California.

David Oliphant founded the Vault in 2022 in order to support the local art community and to create a place where you can find art that’s different and unique, maybe even a little bit edgy. All types of art are welcome in the Vault – paintings, glass, metal, wood, jewelry, textiles, and more. Our collection changes seasonally and we typically feature a dozen or more artists each season.

When you visit the space at 643 Main Street, you’ll be greeted by a local artist, because our artists also run the art gallery. Because the Vault is a collective, without the traditional overhead of staffing costs, artists are able to take home 75% of the proceeds from their sales. The remaining 25% helps offset the cost of rent and other expenses. In addition, we dedicate a full wall each season to a local non profit group. Artists can donate a piece of work and 100% of the proceeds from that sale will go back to that season’s non-profit. It’s a model that benefits both the artists and our community.